Real Estate Services
I am your real estate factfinder, problem solver and advisor.
- I work hard to keep transactions moving smoothly.
- I represent clients interested in purchasing, selling or leasing property, including single family houses, buildings, condominium units and cooperative apartments.
- I work closely with other real estate professionals on your team, including mortgage bankers/brokers and real estate brokers.
- I coordinate IRS Section 1031 transactions, working with clients and the Qualified Intermediary.
- My geographic area includes Long Island, Manhattan, Queens and Brooklyn.
“My husband and I recently purchased a new home and Laurel represented us with the purchase. I have known Laurel for years and she was definitely our go-to woman! Laurel was very thorough and explained the process and the steps. We knew what to expect when speaking to her. When Laurel takes you on as client she is as serious as you are about the major changes in your life and being as prepared as possible. You feel the compassion as well as the professionalism that Laurel provides throughout your process. I continue to recommend Laurel above anyone else.”
– Melanie D.
Details are the most problematic aspect of a real estate transaction
People tend to think that the lawyer’s job is merely to prepare or review contracts and then to attend a closing. But, in fact, the most important part of our job (and the part I enjoy most) is between contract and closing – the detailed reading of title reports, engineer inspection reports, surveys, certificates of occupancy, and mortgage commitments. I look for the issues that not properly resolved could have an important effect on your plans.
“I have known Laurel for over 20 years and as a mortgage banker have worked with her on many matters. My clients are always well represented by Laurel – she is professional, meticulous and an attorney with heart. An absolute pleasure to deal with in all situations and I wholeheartedly recommend her”
– Mario I.